Devastation in Japan...


Devastation and horror, most of the times of our own make, sometimes far away in exotic countries, sometimes closer to home. I am afraid that we are becoming insensible to it.
 
In other occasions, nature just strikes, effortlessly, coldly, unaware, indifferent...
 
I am shocked by the images coming from Japan, but the one that more deeply impressed me is that of the wave still at sea, approaching the shore like a perfect line, undisturbed, rectilinear, clean,...an image of quietness and purity.
 
We are so small.
 
Of all the comments on the media, there was one from a man returning to his neighbourhood. He said that what hit him more was... the silence.
 
 
Empty-handed I entered the world
Barefoot I leave it.
My coming, my going...
Two simple happenings
That got entangled.

-- Kozan Ichikyo (1360)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...